27 October 2009

Curry Chicken Salad

It is a rare occasion that I make it to Whole Foods. This is mostly because, as a graduate student, my dollar goes further at other places.  But, it is fun to go look and pretend that one day there will be money to spend on the finer foods of life.

One thing that I really love about Whole Foods, however, is their deli section that seems to have a little bit of everything--most of which has a gourmet flair. One of my favorites is their curry chicken salad.  Here is my version.

The best part of this is that it is super easy to adapt to your taste. I've included what I used along with some other suggestions.

Curry Chicken Salad (for two)


Ingredients
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, boiled and chunked
  • 3 heaping tablespoonfuls of mayo and sour cream (I used fat free for both of these. If you don't like one or the other, then take it out and compensate accordingly)
  • 2 tablespoons (or to taste) good tasting curry powder
  • 2 prunes, diced (trust me on this, it is delicious)
  • crunchy type things (I used carrots and onions. You might like to use shallots and celery)
  • salt and pepper, garlic powder to taste
     
Directions
Mix chicken chunks with remaining ingredients. Chill for at least an hour (to help the flavors meld). Serve.

2 comments:

Shakuntala said...

Chicken curry and some crackers ( no rice ), I should try your this. Yummmm....

Tamar Orvell said...

I add tart Granny Smith apples diced and walnuts. Heaven.