28 August 2007

Goodbye Elon, Hello Emory

Classes started today at Elon. It's the first time in 4 years that I'm not there for that. I didn't move to a new place. I didn't go and buy books, or print off my schedule or visit my favorite people on campus.

Instead I got my hair cut.

I know that moving on is necessary. And, I was quite ready to be done with the work and some of the drama that invade my last two months there.

But, I know I'm gonna miss it. It was home. And, I definitely left a piece of me there.

Yesterday, I ventured onto Emory's campus to run some errands. I bought books, visited some fun folks, filled out more forms, and got my ID made.

I bummed around with two friends (one new, one old). Later that evening, a group of us first-years made our way to Decatur and Virginia-Highlands. Good company. Good moments.

And it really began to sink in that I was starting the next chapter.

And I'm glad for that.

And that is a good place to be.

No comments: