27 August 2007

Welcome Home

Well, it’s official. I am a homeowner.

I also am in way more debt than I ever wanted to be.
But, c’est la vie.

We closed on Monday, painted and cleaned Tuesday, and moved wednesday. And I have to say, I am totally exhausted.

Yesterday, after my folks had left, my friend Mariah came over and helped me unpack. It was good to have a new good friend help create a new good home.

As I left the house I grew up in, I have to admit that my eyes got a little teary.

It hit me, as I pulled out the driveway, that I was leaving for the last time. Sure, I’ll go back, but it won’t ever be the same. My home, now, is in Atlanta. And my parent’s home is in Fairburn.

And I’m sad for that. And I’m glad for that.

And I’m excited and scared and joyful and grateful and hopeful. Above all I’m hopeful.

And that is a good place to be.

Welcome home.

blessings.
jon.

No comments: