14 February 2006

The Past Two Days.



Ok, so, before you get on my case about not updating I only have one thing so say. Laziness is sooooooooooo good sometimes.

And, every once and a while, it bites you in the butt (look dad--no profainity).

I finished up my two papers and turned them in today. I can't say much more about them because I honestly don't know what to expect out of them. I wasn't (like many of my peers) very clear on the whole process of these particular papers. Add the fact that I was writing about Plato and mix in a little "I have no freakin' clue" and you can begin to see my dilema. So, we will just wait and see the result and do better next time.

Monday found me still struggling with feeling "blah." But two Tylenol PM and 8 hours later, I was feeling much better. Until about 3pm today, when I was called out in class by my professor on the fact that I hadn't read the assigned reading for that date. Guilty as charged, and it's totally my fault (so please save the lectures for later dates), but it still made for a rough afternoon and an awkward class as well as a flood of emotions.

After doing the right thing and apologizing to the professor for not being prepared as I should've been, I left for a fried food hunt with my Elon friend Brigid. She was my closest Elon friend that came to Copenhagen (but even then, we weren't all that close); however, she understood exactly where I was coming from as I vented about the situation (because there are more details than are included here, which I will not include).

It was an interesting situation, because I was raised by a school teacher in an environment where the teacher was ALWAYS right. But the more I go through classes, the more I learn that no, the teacher isn't always right. Perhaps their knowledge is right, but perhaps the way they handle a situation isn't ideal.

Bygones.

I went to an orientation for my short study tour after class and found myself with 24 other students anxious to hear exactly where/what we will be going/doing over the next 3 days. It includes a visit to see the Jelling Stones which have the first mention of "Denmark" over 1000 years ago, a stop at an organic farm, and to Odense (the birthplace of HC Anderson of Ugly Duckling and Little Mermaid fame). I'm excited for the opportunity to hang out with some kids I don't really know and the chance to see the rest of Denmark outside of Copenhagen.

Tonight plans include friends, drinks and a gay bar called Oscars. Class, man, high class.

blessings.
jon.

No comments: